Congress Hall Hotel
Cape May, NJ
The Congress Hall Hotel is one of the earliest buildings built in Cape May in 1812.
The Congress Hall Hotel was originally called the Big House, the name was changed to Congress Hall when Tom Hughes, the owner, decided to run for Congress.
This is the third hotel built after the disastrous 1878 fire which destroyed 30 acres of the city. The current Hotel was constructed in 1879 and is a designated National Historic Landmark, within Cape May City.
It served as the summer White House for President Harrison, one of five presidents who resorted in Cape May.
The recently renovated hotel includes 104 guest rooms, two restaurants, conference facilities and approximately 7,700 square feet of retail space.
251 Beach Dr., Cape May, NJ 08204, USA